Looking for a quick, easy, weeknight meal that will still fill you up and taste great? Look no further than these Turkey Shredded Tacos.
Like most of my favorite meals, you basically just put all the ingredients in a crockpot and let cook for the whole day. Better yet, since it’s cooked in a crockpot, the turkey has no way of drying out, so there’s no chance that you end up drying out the turkey and turning it into cardboard.
- Place turkey breasts into crockpot.
- Squeeze lime juice overtop.
- Add Rotel or salsa taco seasoning, cilantro and cover.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 8 on low.
- shred in crockpot with two forks, mix well, and serve.
Note: If turkey does not shred easily with two forks, it likely needs more cooking time.
- 3 pounds turkey, or chicken, breast
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and chilis or salsa
- Soft or hard taco shells